Tuesday 30 June 2009

Luncheon 30/06/09

Too busy today for anything interesting perversley enough. Been to Tesco and got this fine foray:














We have, Tesco Southern Fried Chicken Strips, Fish and Veg Sushi Selection and Innocent Smoothies Pomegranates, blueberries and acai... Protein-tastic

I must admit, that is my generic lazy lunchtime meal at the moment. I'll get back on the interesting stuff though.

Now, I didn't know what an Acai was (I know what an AKAI is) so I decided to do some research... Wikipedia say, the Açaí berry comes from the Açaí palm tree. It is pronounced ass-ah-EE not AK-eye like I've been saying in my head. It's touted to be one of these super-foods that allegedly does the following:

Marketers of these products make claims that açaí provides increased energy levels, improved sexual performance, improved digestion, detoxification, high fiber content, high antioxidant content, improved skin appearance, improved heart health, improved sleep, and reduction of cholesterol levels. More dubious claims include reversal of diabetes and other chronic illnesses, as well as expanding size of the penis and increasing men's sexual virility and sexual attractiveness to women. Açaí is most commonly marketed as a weight loss product.


Well, it sounds bloody splendid to me then! Oh but what's this:

As of March 2009, there are no controlled studies backing up any of these claims.


Boo. Well, I don't think 250ml of something that actually contains "25 peeled Açaí berries" is really going to do any of these things on it's own.

As for flavour, well, it seems to take the well known flavours of blueberry and pomegranate and make the whole thing taste a bit... Plasticky. Like someone has leted some vinyl in there as well. Quite pleasant though overall.

Well, at least you've learnt something today. Tomorrow I shall prepare some luncheon more worthy of you reading. Farewell...

No comments: